Zillow.com, the leader in mobile real estate, today announced the launch of the Zillow® Android App, which puts the power of Zillow’s rich data on 95 million properties into home shoppers’ hands when they need it most – while they are out looking for homes.
The app uses GPS technology to find and follow users on an aerial map, and displays Zestimate® values, homes for sale, homes for rent, Make Me Move® listings and recently-sold data on the homes around them. Users can also search for homes, even if they’re not nearby, by utilizing the Android platform’s voice search capabilities. Simply say an address, neighborhood, ZIP code or city and the app will instantly take the user there on the map.
Homeowners, buyers, sellers and renters have researched more than 70 million individual homes on Zillow.com since the site’s launch in 2006, which is 75 percent of all homes in the country. This same data on all homes is now available on the Zillow Android App.
Specific features to the Zillow Android App include:
· Zestimate home values, home details and historical data on 95 million U.S. homes – nearly all homes in the country.
· Dynamic curbside images of homes using Google Street View.
· Multiple photos, home details, and contact information on homes for sale, for rent or listed as Make Me Move, allowing home shoppers to peek inside home listings and call or email agents, owners and landlords right from the app.
· Shoppers can filter their home searches by sale price, rental price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and listing type (for sale, for rent, Make Me Move, and recently sold).
· Users can search for homes and neighborhoods utilizing voice search – just say an address, neighborhood or city and the Zillow Android App will take you there.
“Since the launch of our highly successful Zillow iPhone® App, which has been downloaded nearly one million times since April 2009, home shoppers have been asking us to build an app for the Android,” said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow chief operating officer. “It’s clear that people want access to all of Zillow’s data and information like Zestimates, listing information, and prior sale price while they are out looking at homes or exploring neighborhoods. We saw this as a great opportunity to be on a platform with enormous potential for real estate and home shopping.”
The Zillow Android App is free to download, and is available in the Android Market starting today. Search for “Zillow” in the Android market, or find it in the Lifestyle category.
Zillow.com is an online real estate marketplace where homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents and mortgage professionals find and share vital information about homes and mortgages. Zillow's goal is to help people become smarter about homes and real estate in every stage of their lives -- home buying, selling, renting, remodeling and financing. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has raised $87 million in funding.