Zillow.com® Adds New iPhone OS 3.0 Features to Zillow Application
Real estate Web site Zillow.com today announced the availability of the second version of its Zillow app, which integrates features made possible by the release of iPhone OS 3.0. update.
Search filtering and the ability to save favorite homes were among the features most requested by the 402,000 users who have downloaded the app since its launch in April, and are two of the many new features that have been added into this latest version.
“The response to the Zillow app for iPhone and iPod touch has been phenomenal, with more than 400,000 people downloading and using the app for home shopping, comparing and simply taking an interesting walk around the block,” said Rich Barton, Zillow co-founder and CEO.
“Now we’re improving that experience for both potential homebuyers and real estate aficionados. Users can filter for only the types of homes they want to see and can save searches and favorite homes to revisit. And they can know instantly via push notifications when new homes come on the market in areas they’ve saved.”
Features in the new version of the app include:
· Filtering: Users can now filter their searches by price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and listing type (for sale, Make Me Move and recently sold homes).
· Saved Searches: Users of the app can save searches based on filters they’ve applied and the geography in which they are searching.
· Favorites Tab: This additional tab allows users to view their saved searches and favorite homes. Users can edit their favorite homes by tapping this tab.
· Push Notification: If there are new for sale, Make Me Move or recently-sold listings added to one of the user’s saved searches, a number badge will appear on the app’s icon, indicating new data – even if the app isn’t currently in use. New results are shown in the favorites tab.
· Saved Favorite Homes: Users can now save individual homes to their list of Zillow favorites and easily access them later on the app.
The Zillow app for iPhone and iPod touch brings Zillow’s rich data on nearly 90 million U.S. homes into users’ hands. The app uses GPS technology to find and follow users as they move through neighborhoods, and displays Zestimate® values, for-sale and recently-sold homes, and Make Me Move® listings on the homes around them.
Search capabilities in the new version of the Zillow iPhone App will also work on the iPod touch, provided it is has been updated wirth iPhone OS 3.0.
The Zillow app is available for free from Apple’s App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/
Zillow.com is one of the largest U.S real estate Web sites, and the fastest-growing real estate site today. Zillow recorded more than 8.9 million monthly unique visitors in May 2009, up 72 percent year-over-year.
2018 Real Town The Real Estate Network