Latest Articles

2010-11-27 03:26:04

Living on Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean

Visitors to the Dutch Caribbean (Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius), who do not require a visa, are allowed a maximum stay of three months every six month period without any special permit needed. Citizens of most countries in the world do not need a visa to visit the Dutch Caribbean. Please check at your local authorities if you are unsure about your personal situation. Dutch citizens without a Dutch Caribbean residency are allowed a maximum stay of six months every twelve month period. Non-residents who wish to stay longer than their official maximum period need to apply for a "Declaration by Right permit". Property owners do not need a residency if they are using their property as a vacation home. Everyone who comes to live on Bonaire for a longer period than mentioned before need to apply for a residence permit. You will need the following documents to apply: - Passport - Birth Certificate - Marriage Licence or Divorce Papers - Two Passport Photo's - Certificate of good behaviour not older than 60 days - Health Certificate not older than 30 days - Medical Insurance Papers - Removal statement from the municipal register (people with a Dutch nationality only) - If you are not applying for a work permit you will need to bring prove that you are able to maintain yourself financially. In this case U.S. citizens should be able to show a bank statement with a minimum of NAF 24.000. Dutch citizens need to bring a financial statement which shows a minimum of NAF 45.000.

Related Post

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 114: Retreat Negotiations

March 29, 2019

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 113: Activating Our Opponent

March 28, 2019

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 112: Misconceptions

March 27, 2019

2021 Real Town The Real Estate Network