You have heard it before, not having a plan is planning to fail.
REALTORS, like all business owners, need to establish a clear Vision and then plan the step by step method of how to achieve that Vision. Your Vision is like your target, it is where you want to be, what you want your business to look like when your working days are over.
If you were asked to put together a 1000 piece Jigsaw Puzzle, would you not want to look at the box cover with the picture of the completed Puzzle before you begin to build the puzzle and then continue to look at the completed Puzzle throughout the Puzzle building process? Imagine how difficult it would be to build the Puzzle without knowing what it is supposed to look like when it is completed. Your future is no different. It is difficult to achieve a future of your design is you don't take the time to first create the Vision. This concept is not lost on major corporations which typically have a Mission and a Vision Statement.
To establish a Vision, imagine it is the day you retire from the real estate industry. If on the day you retire from real estate, I was to hand you a pen and a blank piece of paper and ask you to write down all of your major accomplishments during your career, what would you like to be able to write on that piece of paper?
1. What you accomplished for and in your community
2. What you accomplished for and with your family
3. How much you put in your bank account and in your retirement plan
4. What you accomplished for your association of REALTORS, offices you
5. How many listings you took and closed
6. How many buyer side transactions you closed
7. How many generations of clients you successfully worked with
"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
With a Vision, you can begin to create your business plan.