New Real Estate Domain Rush Opportunity - .realestate
- Did you miss the boat when it came to registering the domain name you really wanted back in the .com days?
- Are you a “Domainer” looking to lock down new domain opportunities and potential fortunes?
- Are you involved in the real estate industry in some way and want your professional online presence to reflect your involvement in the central asset in most people’s lives... real estate?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then September 18, 2018, at 11:00 AM EDT is a day to remember and for 60 days after that.
Dot Real Estate Launch
On September 18, The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) launches the .realestate TLD. Unlike the REALTOR® TLD (.realtor), there are no naming, usage and eligibility restrictions with the .realestate domain.
Another key aspect of the rollout of .realestate is that the ownership of .realestate domains will be available to anyone in the world after the initial 60 day offer period to those REALTORS® who currently have a .realtor domain.
REALTORS® should know that .realtor domains are free for the first year and can be used as a lever to get to the front of the line for a .realestate domain. REALTORS® who don't ultimately use their .realtor domain can let it go after the first year with no penalty if they find that it is not useful to their online marketing efforts.
The possibilities of domain names and uses for yourself and your business are endless. Here are some tips for choosing the right domain.
Consider placing powerful .realestate names on your signs and marketing materials, not to mention your web and email addresses:
- Geographic: your local town – Ossining.realestate
- Neighborhood: Woodlands.realestate
- Company/Brand name: BigFive.realestate
- Personal: JohnKnows.realestate
Once again, NAR has planned the launch so that REALTORS® with a .realtor domain will have early access starting September 18, 2018 in advance of the general public and other real estate agents who will not have access until November 26, 2018.
How Do I Register the .realestate Domains?
While you cannot register your domain before September 18, you can take steps in advance to act quickly when the doors are open. So here are some steps you can take to be ready to claim your .realestate domain by the magic hour of 11:00 AM EDT on Sept. 18, 2018.
If You Already Have Your .realtor Domain, Follow These Steps:
- Login to your .realtor account to confirm that it is up-to-date and you are eligible for the pre-sale; this way you lessen the chance of experiencing a delay in getting into the system to lock down the .realestate domains you would like.
- Go to the .realestate pre-sale page. Have a valid credit card available and update or add it to your account.
- Prepare a list of the .realestate domains you want to register. Be prepared in case your first choices are not available. Domain names are registered on a first come, first served basis.
- Set your calendar alarm for September 18 at 11:00 am EDT to be in the first wave to register.
If you're a REALTOR® but Don't Have a .realtor Domain Account, Please Follow These Steps:
- Acquire your .realtor domain. Note that it is free for the first year, one per member for those individual REALTORS® who have not claimed one to date.
- Sign up for your .realtor domain at www.get.realtor, you’ll need to enter your NRDS number.
- Here’s where you can look up your NRDS Number.
- Remember your username and password for future access.
- Enter a credit card on file (even though the order for .realtor is for $0.00).
- After you claim your .realtor domain, you will be qualified for the .realestate domain member pre-sale.
- Go to the .realestate pre-sale page.
- Prepare your list of the .realestate domains you want to register. Be prepared in case your first choices are not available. Domain names are registered on a first come, first served basis.
- Set your calendar alarm for Sept.18 at 11:00 am EDT to be in the first wave to register.
The next generation of the internet is rapidly approaching. Take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity to be there at the opening of what could be some of the most valuable real estate on the internet: .realestate
What is the Next Step After I Register the .realestate Domain of my Choice?
Point your new domain to your website or online presence.
Equally important, obtain an email account (and a Permanent Email Address) from the oldest continuous provider of email services in the real estate Industry, InternetCrusade. Visit Internet Crusade and secure email capabilities tailor-made for real estate professionals.
You can read more from our series: From Dot Com to Not Com in the Age of Dot Anything. In this article, we discuss Driving Awareness and Adoption of New Top Level Domains.
Saul Klein and John Reilly are the Founding Principals of InternetCrusade®, an early Network Solutions Domain Partner, and one of the first domain affiliates of Melbourne IT. InternetCrusade® created the first secure domain transfer systems in the world when ICANN approved five testbed registrars in 1999. InternetCrusade.com has been a provider of quality email and domain services to the real estate industry since 1997.
Residential Real Estate, Finance
Real Estate is a Numbers Game
October 20, 2018
Industry, Residential Real Estate, Finance
Why Isn’t My Listing Selling?
October 19, 2018
Residential Real Estate, Education
Monitor That Voice In Your Head for Better Real Estate Sales
October 19, 2018
Brokerage, Industry, Residential Real Estate, Misc
A Simple Plan for Real Estate Success
October 19, 2018
Managing Leadership So it Doesn’t Manage You!
October 19, 2018
Brokerage, Industry, Finance
Did You Read That? And Are You Covered for That?
October 18, 2018