Listing Syndication and Lead Generation
Today, syndication is no longer an option. It’s a must. The consumer is highly fragmented, and are researching real estate on a multitude of sites that are becoming increasingly popular. Listing brokers and agents must secure the highest possible exposure for the benefit of their sellers, their brand and their businesses.
Important Syndication Bullet Points
While listing syndication takes online marketing to a new level, it is not an end in itself. And, there a few watch outs to keep in mind.
• Syndication in its current form has no obvious cost (there is a cost). The cost is absorbed by the revenue model of the site to which your listing information is being sent (syndicated).
• Syndication through MLS results in a “Single Point of Entry.” The fewer times you enter your listing data into a system, the fewer the potential for error and the higher the consistency of your data on the brokerage site, the agent site, syndication sites and potentially, other media. Spending time posting and updating listings on multiple syndication sites is also counterproductive. Syndication should be fully automated. One click should send or update your listings on all the destinations of your choice.
• It’s not all or nothing. Your listing is a marketing asset you worked hard to secure. You should be able to fully control and choose where each listing gets published and where it doesn’t.
• Reports and analytics. Syndication should be is more than advertising. Demand access to dynamic, high-quality reports that illustrate the number of views and click-throughs each listing has generated on each of the sites to which you syndicate This information is extremely powerful. It helps demonstrate the value of your marketing, to your sellers and can be used to convince new listing prospects to do business with you. It will also allow you to make more informed important marketing decisions should you decide to purchase listing ads online.
• Leads generated from your syndicated listings should go straight to the listing broker or agent, or to other agents if that is your arrangement with the Portal or Publisher.
• An effective conversion system is critical. Syndication has its place in terms of marketing. The ultimate benefit, however, is to turn the added exposure into revenue. Make sure you have an automated system in place to capture and communicate with hundreds or thousands of leads at the same time, while you concentrate on your day to day business. Remember, most online leads are captured and cultivated over a period of 6 to 18 months.
Is There a Blog in Your Future?
January 18, 2019
Planning for the Future
January 12, 2019
Brokerage, Consumer News, Education, Misc
Leaders Take Us to the Future
January 2, 2019
Brokerage, Consumer News, Industry, Residential Real Estate, Education, Misc
Virtual Office Websites
December 31, 2018
Brokerage, Consumer News, Industry, Education, Misc
The Phases of a Real Estate Transaction
December 30, 2018