7 Ways to Make 2008 A Great Year in Real Estate
Yes, 2008 is still several weeks away but now is the time to work on making it a year to remember.
And the sentence I want you remember to make 2008 great is this:
Nothing is more powerful in business than personal contact.
I’m talking about shaking hands, looking folks in the eye – it’s the human touch that makes the world of real estate go around. E-mails, colorful postcards or fancy flyers will never replace the human touch.
So the key is to personally visit the important people in your sphere of influence (SOI) at least twice a year. I know, I can hear you now, “But Bob, I have 500 people in that group. I can’t spend that kind of time.”
Oh yes you can, and here are seven ways to do it:
- Schedule Sphere of Influence Events – This is a perfect way to meet several folks in your SOI all at once. Send out personal invitations and invite them to a barbeque, a year-end party, a holiday party, a Halloween party, or just rent a theater and show a popular movie. And don’t sell yourself at the event. Just have fun. Will everyone show up? No, but that’s not the point. You invited them and they had the opportunity to come. And to keep the cost low, consider working with title companies, mortgage brokers and others to pull the event off.
- Conduct a Seminar - Invite a speaker or celebrity to do a seminar. Examples of seminars: a tax seminar, a living trust workshop, or have local political leaders discuss pertinent issues like zoning changes or tax reform. Besides getting in front of people, this can boost your brand because you’re providing valuable information.
- Hold an Open House – Not for a listing but for your office. It’s terrific for small towns. Call it a thank you to the community. Agents can invite their own key folks and everyone chips in to advertise it.
- Create a Special Dinner – Reserve this for those top SOI people who give you multiple referrals or who have used your services several times. Choose a nice restaurant or have something special catered. Sure, this is by no means low cost, but saying thanks can be high value.
- Annual Equity Updates - A great way to stay in touch with those who’ve actually bought a home from you. When you sell a home, keep detailed records such as the sale price, the loan amount, interest rate, down payment and term of the loan. Use this information to update your clients on how their investment in their home is doing. And have your SOI bring along friends and neighbors so you can add other potential clients to your pipeline.
- Charity Events – Here you kill two birds with one stone. Help people in need and make contact with your SOI. Why not spearhead the Habitat for Humanity program (www.habitat.org) – it’s as easy as ABC: A. Do a mailing announcing your involvement; B. Do a follow up call inviting your SOI; and C. Have photos of yourself and your SOI taken at the event and mail or e-mail a success sheet to all of your SOI after the event. And don’t forget to let your local media know about this with a press release.
- Do a Special Delivery – Whip up some baked goods and hand deliver them to your SOI. Think they’ll remember to send referrals again? You betcha!
So there you have it. All you’re lacking is action. Make it your goal today to do one of these soon and watch your income soar!
(Bob Corcoran is a nationally recognized speaker who is founder and president of Corcoran Consulting Inc. (CorcoranCoaching.com, 800-957-8353), an international consulting and coaching company that specializes in performance coaching and the implementation of sound business systems into the broker’s or agent’s existing practice. We look forward to hearing from you. Sign up TODAY for y$our first coaching call, it’s FREE.)
Negotiating Tip 108: The Concession Mechanism
March 23, 2019
Negotiating Tip 107: Nonsense Negotiating
March 22, 2019
Negotiating Tip 106: Change The Dynamics
March 21, 2019