6 Ideas to Bolster Your Internet Presence
Real estate educators and real estate agents often ask me about the value of producing personal brochures and I tell them, "Don’t waste a lot of money on printing stuff – you’re going to find more consumers online than ever before."
Take a careful look at your web site. If money is burning a hole in your pocket, I’d suggest a few quick investments and you’ll probably get some better results:
- Get a blog rolling on your web site; You can get a free one at RealTown.com and link it to your site; blog entries generate traffic from people who can hire you, as well as students who can refer you or simply attend another paid course with you.
- Consider whether or not you need a web site design upgrade -- a little less text, some description with those pictures, maybe a little more narrative about your services.
- Get some video on your page, pay someone to produce a video for you, then cut it into some 30 -90-second spots. We’re adding an entire library of spots to our site (next revision coming soon!) and while it’s a little expensive, VIDEO will definitely sell you better than a PAPER brochure. Nobody is a better marketer of you than you! Plus sellers who may wish to hire you but have never seen you before will appreciate a chance to glimpse your online video performance as an indicator of your abilities. Regardless of your marketing audience, nothing sells better than video.
- Develop an e-newsletter. It does not take a big investment to get an account at Constant Contact and you don’t have to make a HUGE newsletter – just something that keeps you “top of mind” in your prospective consumer’s inbox; drive them back to your blog and site. And Constant Contact is great because you don’t pay by the “email” – you pay by the subscriber for unlimited monthly mailings!
- Produce a CD. Finally, if you “REALLY” want something to handout, then refer to #2 and get your video clips and links to your web site and some audio or video testimonials from classes onto a CDROM. http://www.discmakers.com/ is great and their Business Card sizes http://www.discmakers.com/products/CardDiscs.asp are $765/500 cards. Pretty good!
- Oh, one MORE idea: buy some Google Adwords – traffic for your site. Dollar for dollar (or click?) you may do better than postage and mailing brochures.
Now, I gotta go take a Valium. Printing! I almost had a heart attack!
(Matthew Ferrara is CEO of Matthew Ferrara & Company, a technology organization that delivers training, consulting and technical support to real estate companies worldwide, including their new "Support on Demand" REALTOR help desk service available at 866-316-4209 or www.matthewferrara.com.)