15 Ideas for Home Projects on a Budget
Projects Under $100
4. Accent Floors. A new rug is the perfect accent. Look for one that has colors that reflects your décor, and then angle it under a coffee table or dining room table.
5. Frame It. Use multiple frames that are of a similar style to create a framed picture collage on the wall. If frames don’t match, faux finish them for a complete look. . Lighting dictates the mood of a room. Mix and match lamp bases and shades to create new looks. Looking for another bright idea? Add recessed lighting.
6. Light Up Your Room.
7. Go Faux. Create a whole new look with faux finishing. Washing, leafing, marbling and stripping can be used to change walls or make furniture look fresh.
9. Wallpaper. Wallpaper doesn’t need to go wall-to-wall. Use it with paint to accent borders or choose a single wall to express your style.
Projects Under $500
10. Update Fixtures. New fittings, a fresh vanity and new toilet can completely change the appearance of your bathroom. Choose sets that work well together.
11. Add Moulding. Crown moulding adds a touch of luxury. To install it yourself, buy extra moulding and practice your miter cuts before beginning.
12. Update Flooring. New flooring gives a room a boost from the bottom. Try a natural-looking wood laminate. It’s simple to install and yields extraordinary results.
13. Install a fan. A large, decorative ceiling fan with a light fixture can brighten a room and create a comfortable climate
14. Organize Closets. Less clutter will make your entire home feel more spacious. Maximize storage with new shelving and wire organizers so everything is neat.
15. Care For Your Landscape. Add new hedges in the front, trees in the back and flowers that complement your home’s exterior. Little outdoor projects like these can really make you feel more settled in.
Six Success Tips from Real Estate Trainer Joe Klock
March 4, 2019
Part Two: Risk and Real Estate Sales - Recognizing Risk
March 3, 2019
Part One: Risk and Real Estate
March 2, 2019