Apr. 27, 2007 - Top 10 Active 55+ Communities in the Triangle
In my previous blogs I have mentioned that I work with Seniors looking to relocate to the Triangle. Specifically, I help Seniors that are looking for reasonably priced ranch/villa style homes in neighborhoods that include Senior activities and an affordable lifestyle. There aren't many specialists in the area and only a handful of communities.
After Del Webb sold 700 homes in just under 2 years in a down real estate market builders have finally recognized the demand for this type of housing in the Triangle. Here is my list for 2009 with links to the communities for your reference.
- Ivy Hall. East Raleigh, NC Active 55+ community. Growing area due to I-540 completion. New 2 Bedroom Ranches w/2-Car Garage. Homes From the $220s. WKB Properties, Inc. is the builder.
Carolina Preserve™ by Del Webb®
Cary, NC. Active 55+ community w/incredible amenities including an $8M clubhouse called Bradford Hall that has an indoor/outdoor pool, bocci ball, clay court tennis, putting green, and workout facility second to none. Single Family Homes by Pulte start in the mid- $200s. Villas start in the $220s. Gorgeous ranch plans w/covered porches and 2 Car Garages. Pre-sale of new homes now available for delivery at the end of Q12009. Take a virtual tour
of the clubhouse here
. To view resale and current homes for sale click here
. To view floorplans of the community click here
- Heritage Pines. Cary, NC. Built by K. Hovanian & Westminister Homes. Heritage Pines is the most established Active 55 community in the Triangle. Homes built in 2000 with the neighborhood completed in 2007. The location is fantastic!! Amenities include a community clubhouse, swimming, tennis, bocci ball, and other activities. Villas start in the low $200s. Single Family Homes start in the mid-200s. To view homes for sale click here.
- The Village at Aversboro Garner, NC. New Homes From the $250s. 1,650-2,600 sq. ft. 147 Total Homesites. All brick ranch homes w/2 Car Garages & Screened Porches. Community Clubhouse in the neighborhood.
- Johnson's Landing. Fuquay Varina/Angier, NC. New Villas from the $220s w/2-Car Garages. 2,050-2,600 sq.ft.
- Heritage Spring Wake Forest, NC. From the $220s. 1,372 -2,225 sq. ft. Not an actual Active Adult community but marketed as one. Close to your friends in Wakefield Plantation.
- Summerwind Plantation Clayton, 55+ Single family, cluster homes, condominium, townhome starting in the $120s. The community will have be a wellness center on 3 acres overlooking a pond, SummerWind Plantation will have a 4 acre stocked fishing pond, and fishing pier for use by the owners and their guests, and a large gazebo and fountain.
- Fearrington Village-Millcroft Low maintenance single family homes. One and Two level floorplans available. Pittsboro, NC Homes 1,600 - 2,500 square feet. One or two car garage. $60k and $80k for lot. $138/square foot average price. $350k-$450k.
- The Villas at Wake Forest The Villas of Wake Forest features 144 ranch style luxury condominium homes where all exterior maintenance is provided. Prices from the $200s. Builder is Cornerstone Homes.
- Four Seasons at Renaissance - Coming Soon to Durham, NC. Located just minutes from Research Triangle Park the new K. Hovnanian Active 55 community is sure to be a hit.
If you are thinking of moving to the Triangle I'd love to help you find the perfect active adult living community.
Comments (2) :: Post A Comment! :: Permanent Link|
View more entries tagged with: Active Adult Living In The Triangle, Active Adult Living In Cary, 55 Communities In North Carolina
Jun. 12, 2010 - RE: Top 10 Active 55+ Communities in the Triangle
|Posted by gina nuti |
looking for an adult community, age restricted, with tennis and,maybe bocci. 2 Br,2 bath,minimum low $200
Not sure where, but probably in the Durham,Raleigh area
|Permanent Link |
Mar. 25, 2017 - RE: Top 10 Active 55+ Communities in the Triangle
|Posted by Whitney |
My parents are really interested in a D.R. Horton commujity for Active Adults over 55 called Mackintosh-The Glen in Bulington anyone know about this place? they seem pretty set but i always worry. thanks in advance
|Permanent Link |
Welcome to my blog on Raleigh-Cary and the Triangle area of NC Real Estate. Here you can read current information on the Triangle area including neighborhood profiles, school information, taxes, market conditions, find things to do in the Triangle, and plenty of information on relocating to the Triangle.
• View my profile
• Email Me
• Blog Manager