Latest Articles

2010-11-27 03:27:30

Working on Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean

Foreigners willing to work on Bonaire need a work permit. Work permits need to be requested by the employer. Under the term employer falls: companies, government institutes, and individuals who have employees (live-in, farmers). This does not apply to the following: - People who have admission by right - Spouses or partners who have a long-term or common-law relationship with an Antillean or Dutch European, or with a foreigner who has become naturalized. - People who work autonomously. - People who have a residence permit granted the Minister of Justice without prohibition for working. A work permit can be given for a maximum of 3 (three) years and can be fixed to the duration of a project. It is also possible to give a work permit for a short period (maximum of three (3) months). In principle, only in particular cases and if the local labour market allows, is it possible to prolong a work permit. To apply for a work permit on Bonaire the following documents are needed: EMPLOYEE: 1. Good and clear copy of the applicant’s passport (All applications) 2. Testimonials (First application) 3. Copy of diplomas (legalized) (First application) 4. Copy of certificate of good conduct (First application) 5. Copy of certificate of good health (First application) 6. Concept employment contract (All applications) EMPLOYER: Passport (All applications) Business and Director’s License (All applications) Proof of registration at the Chamber of Commerce (All applications) Declaration SVB (All applications) Declaration Tax and Customs Administration (All applications) Permit Fees, 1st application/modification=750,00 Naf Extension=500,00 Naf Short-term permit=350,00 Naf Proof of registration of jobopening at DEZA, Extention (1st application) Proof of job opening placed in newspaper six weeks prior to application, Extention (1st application) FOR DOMESTIC EMPLOYEE/FARMER: 1. Annual income/turnover 36,000.00 (1st applications) 2. Description of the Infrastructure of the farm, what will be developed, long-lease or owned land (1st applications) 3. Floor plan of the maid room (1st applications)

Related Post

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 114: Retreat Negotiations

March 29, 2019

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 113: Activating Our Opponent

March 28, 2019

Industry, Education

Negotiating Tip 112: Misconceptions

March 27, 2019

2021 Real Town The Real Estate Network