7 Steps to Create FREE Virtual Tours
Virtual tours are becoming the norm in advertising listings. As more companies are offering virtual tours to advertise properties for sale the cost to provide this service continues to drop. If you have read other articles I have written you will see that I am a fan of free or exceptional value for cost or services provided. Here we will take a look at a company that will help you create free virtual tours in exchange for an email address.
www.Slide.com is a web site originally designed for MySpace users to help share photos taken with friends, vacations, and parties. This web site will help you create a wide variety of slideshows showcasing your favorite listings. Just upload photos and choose the template for the slideshow preview to create a slideshow of pictures that can be previewed in its own hyperlink or use the HTML source code to copy to your web browser.
Here are seven steps to create your own virtual tour to advertise your properties for sale for free.
- Take good photos. There is no tradeoff between high quality digital photos in advertising listings for sale. Sellers are paying a large amount of money to list their home for sale so why not pay for a professional photographer. This is the best investment in any listing hands down.
- Upload photos. Go to www.Slide.com and create an account. All you need is an e-mail address and to generate a password to log on later. Next, you will be prompted to upload the photos from your computer desktop or from another social online networking web site. I like using FaceBook since it gives me dual exposure but feel free to choose your own.
- Choose template. Once the photos have been uploaded, choose how the photos will appear and the speed at which they will move throughout the slideshow. Slideshows that move too slowly can cause a viewer to lose interest and those that move too fast may frustrate viewers.
- Choose music or videos. This is an extra for Slide.com that may or may not be used. If music or videos are selected be sure that the media matches the style of the listing.
- Create hyperlink. Slide.com gives each slideshow its own unique hyperlink. Copy and paste this hyperlink into e-mail marketing messages or send to others to preview prior to using viral marketing techniques.
- Post to blog or web site. Each slideshow accompanies its own HTML source code that can be used in web site marketing. As long as your web site provider allows you to paste HTML source code you will be able to use this feature. Also, bloggers that have the HTML source code editor will be able to post entries with the slideshow as a virtual tour and the remarks about the individual listing.
- Add to virtual tour media. Some web sites or multiple listing services will allow for virtual tour media by copying and pasting a hyperlink of the virtual tour host. You can use Slide.com in two ways. Copy the hyperlink of the slideshow that Slide.com gives out for the virtual tour and paste into the media section of the MLS or web site. Or, copy and paste the blog post link into the media section of the MLS or web site.